Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am forever and for always coming up with creative ways to make cleaning fun for my kids and at the same time make it something that needs a little less mom and a lot more kids. Well we sat down and decided each night before bed each child would draw a room out of the hat and clean it. They would earn a "mamma buck" for each room they cleaned. Anything of theirs left out would be put in a bin and they would have to pay me a mamma buck to get it out or it would be thrown away. So we are anxiously engaged in cleaning when I inform Gloria that I have just put her shoes in the bin. Hey she says, I was just cleaning my living area and then I was going to do a sweep and clean up all my stuff. Okay I said, Just this once I will let you get them out without a "buck" but next time you should really do the sweep through first. On her way past Naomi, who is having a hard time, Gloria stops to comfort her and puts her shoes down in the babies swing. When she is done and gets up to go out I say to Naomi, put her shoes in the bin. Naomi jumps to do. Gloria realizing what she has done and goes to get a mamma buck out so she can get them back, mean while Sam is up to clean his area and puts a bottle of candy that's
Glorias in the bin she walks up to get her shoes and another HEY comes from her:) So this now has happened several times this night And the most of it has been done by Sam so in a fit to get even with Samuel she goes on a hunt for his things. Walking into the table she grabs a school book that has been left out where Samuel kept his books for a while, she quickly puts it in the bin and with a great bit" HA" calls Samuel to the bin so she can gloat over him having to pay to get something out. Sameul takes the book out opens up the front cover and reads Gloria James. She had put her own book in the bin. We laughed so hard all the kids came running to see what was making their mom almost pee her pants. This may be one of those things you just had to be there on. Anyway, I thought it was so funny.

4 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

No you didn't have to be there Iread it and and got a, not just a chuckel, but a pretty big HA! HA! Keep it up Gloria pretty soon you'll never leave a thing out. I loved reading your blog keep it up!

Adams Family said...

That is hilarious.

Ray and Mickie said...

I'm thinking this is a good idea. My kids are always leaving things out, and it always seems to be right in the way of where I am walking. If I yell at them to pick it up Ellie will usually say we can't youy just pick it up since it's right in front of you. GRRRRRR Tell Gloria anymore of her trickories, and she'll be out of things and bucks. haha (still laughing)

Taralee said...

That's too funny!! I like the idea though, I just might start something like that around here.

I love that you updated! I don't think you're invited to my blog, so you need to email me so I can invite you. urkissable@yahoo.com